Today, Samsung has announced another variant of their Galaxy smartphone lineup, the new Galaxy S2 plus. Basically, it’s somewhat the improved edition of the original Galaxy S2.
Here are the specs of the Galaxy S II plus:
- 4.3 inches Super AMOLED display with 800×400 resolution
- Under its hood is a 1.2GHz dual-core processor,
- 1GB RAM,
- 8GB internal storage capacity (supports microSD storage up to 64GB)
- The device is powered by a 1650mAh battery.
- It has 8 megapixels primary camera and 2 megapixels front camera
It will run Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean plus the company’s Touchwiz Nature UX that was used also for the Galaxy S3. Obviously, these are the most notable improvement comparing it to the old Galaxy S2.
Curiously, why do they need to launch this phone with just a little revamp on its specs? We all know that it is the best selling smartphone of Samsung together with the Galaxy S3, so maybe that’s the reason.
As for the price and launch date, there are no details announced yet. I’ll let you know once I get more details.