Today, Samsung has announced its new smartphone dubbed as Galaxy Grand. This device will come with 5-inch display which is now becoming common on any smartphone manufacturers. However, it has a disadvantage, having only a WVGA (480 x 800 pixels) resolution.
Other specs of Samsung Galaxy Grand:
- 1.2 GHz dual-core processor
- 1GB RAM
- Includes 8GB internal memory
- microSD memory expansion slot (up to 64GB)
- 8 megapixels rear camera (can shoot 1080p video) – 2 megapixels front-facing camera
- For connectivity – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0, HSPA+, and GPS functionality with Glonas support
- 2100 mAh battery
The device will run Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean plus some built-in features such as Direct Call, Popup Video, Smart Alert, S-Voice, multi-window multitasking. Samsung Galaxy Grand will be available with two variants namely, I9080 and I9082. The former is the regular or single SIM version, while the latter has a dual-SIM support.
Unfortunately, The Korean Company did not include any information about the price and launch date on their announcement. We could expect and wait until next year on their next CES event happening on January.
Source: Samsung Tomorrow